Interest free credit on
Help spread the cost of your purchase with our fantastic
interest free credit options.
Skip to content
Looking for an exciting career in retail?
At Sterling Furniture, we have a huge range of roles across the company – almost as varied and as diverse as our furniture ranges. Throughout Scotland (Aberdeen, Glasgow, Inverness, Dundee, Uddingston, Edinburgh and, of course, Tillicoultry) our furniture showrooms are, we believe, rather special and we continuously develop and improve on them. Branches host teams of managers, sales staff and administrators with the largest team based at Tillicoultry.
We are looking for talented, dynamic, motivated and committed individuals who take pride in their work. We are also always keen to meet strong candidates to work in our ever-expanding Homestores and restaurants in Tillicoultry and Aberdeen and horticultural staff for our Garden Centre in Tillicoultry.
Our Head Office is also based in Scotland, so in addition to the operations side of the business we have opportunities within accounts staff, purchase ledger, credit control, IT, stock control, buying, HR, supply chain and distribution, to name but a few. All current vacancies are listed below, but we also encourage you to write in 'on spec' as, within such a fast paced environment, we continue to grow and develop.
Please send your CV with details of your current package if possible:
1) by email to: HR@sterlingfurniture.co.uk or
2) by post to: Human Resources, Sterling Furniture, Moss Road, Tillicoultry, FK13 6NS.
Good luck with your application.
As we continue with the exciting growth and expansion of our Homestores around Scotland, we are looking for a buyer to join our energetic team based at our head office at Tillicoultry in Central Scotland. As an organisation that thrives on product innovation and style, we are looking for an individual with bags of enthusiasm who would relish the opportunity to develop and grow key departments within our Homestore offering. Principally buying for Bed Linen, Bath shop, Food Hall and Country Clothing you need to have a proven track record within a similar retail buying environment. You will be working closely with our merchandisers ensuring the right products are selected and presented in our retail outlets
The Successful person will be responsible for:
• Sourcing and selecting product and setting prices, Margin management and Range planning
• Negotiating with suppliers, Category management, Merchandising and layout Budgeting and controlling stock AND you will need...
• Strong negotiation and communication skills, good organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines, a creative eye & passion for product and the ability to analyse trends and consumer buying patterns .
• To constantly seek out new products and suppliers, to have up to date commercial awareness and current knowledge of the market place and have worked on range plans, merchandising and space planning
You will need to be flexible and able to travel to suppliers, trade shows and visit our stores across Scotland and you may be asked to participate in projects or carry out other duties that may be outside the standard remit that will benefit the company.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a committed, hardworking and talented group of professional retailers within a retailer in growth; if you can demonstrate the relevant experience and are seeking to develop your career apply now with CV, covering letter and details of current package to. HR@sterlingfurniture.co.uk. No Agencies please.
We are recruiting for Sales Staff (Flooring) to join the expanding team at the Sterling Furniture Complex at Fort Kinnaird. This will be a destination store - an out of town Department Store with free parking, extensive Furniture Halls, a Homestore, Restaurant, flooring department and Interior Design Centre so this is a great opportunity to join us at the start of a substantial expansion.
Our Flooring Department benefits from our footfall and our reputation and offers a comprehensive range of flooring products from carpets and rugs through to hardwood and design floors.
• Outgoing, enthusiastic, a good 'people’ person? We are looking for the right individuals - those with excellent selling skills and a good track record gained in a similar environment. Flooring sales experience is a definite advantage
• The ability to act as ambassador for the company and provide excellent customer service is vital
• To maximise your sales and therefore earnings you will want to work at our busiest times so all positions will include weekend working. However, as we have 7 days plus late nights to cover, we are flexible in our approach
• Our customers want the best as do we - we will therefore provide selling skills and product knowledge training and applicants must be willing to attend training and visit Suppliers
• Our business thrives on good customer feedback, their referrals to friends & family and the successful applicant must be able to deliver this.
We are recruiting NOW so don’t delay
If you have the experience and enthusiasm to create and head this busy and effective team we want to hear from you...
Apply with CV, covering letter and details of current earnings to HR@sterlingfurniture.co.uk. No Agencies please.